Google
 

Monday, April 23, 2007

Construction

We have begun construction on a new swing set. It has turned into a very big project. We started Saturday the 21st, but it was slow going. I intended to get an early start, but it rained early Saturday. We needed to mow before starting and it was too wet. I decided to install a new sprinkler controller to pass the time until the grass was dry enough. I also got a new cordless electric drill to aid in assembly. Late Saturday we finally got started on the swingset. I don't know why the knuckleheads that make swingsets tell you to assemble them on a flat level surface. Even if such a thing existed there is no way a giant swingset could be assembled on one and then moved to the proper location in the yard. I have been taking my time to make sure I'm doing things correctly. You actually have to measure to assemble this thing. It's a pretty fun project. Justin has been a huge help. There are a million parts to this thing and he gets all the wood pieces and fasteners together for each step for me. Pictures of the first two days of construction are below.
Construction

I didn't feel like working on it today. I'm always tired on Mondays and I got myself an early birthday present.

The present is a Russion M44 WWII vintage rifle. It fires a 7.62x54R round. It's in really good shape. It came with a field kit including the dual chamber oil/solvent container. I can't wait to shoot it, but it may only happen once. I suspect this thing will have one hell of a kick.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks good. Did you get HOA approval?

Skid Plate said...

I showed you my new gun didn't I.