Google
 

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Trip to the Farm

Alex and I went to the farm in Texas. We had a great time and really enjoyed seeing everyone. We shot over a thousand rounds of ammo, Alex learned how to mow with the riding mower, Alex popped fire crackers, we rode around the pasture at night spotlighting for animals, and much more. We were hoping to find hogs to blast while spotlighting but we didn't have any luck. We might have seen some, but they were too far away to make a clear identification. For all animal lovers out there, these creatures, as far as I know, are not native to the area and they are doing serious damage to the pastures. If they were left to grow unhindered they would destroy the place. We saw a lot of dear, raccoons, possums, owls, and miscellaneous other stuff. We didn't ride quads on this trip. It's hard to believe, but we were way too busy doing other stuff. The food was fantastic thanks to Anthony and Julia. We finally got to shoot Dad's new Henry rifle. It looks nice, but unfortunately that's the only nice thing I have to say about it. The videos below are from one of the shooting trips that Alex and I went on. They progess from left to right so try to watch them in order. At least the first time.
Shootin' Texas Style

The next set of videos are of Alex mowing and popping firecrackers. He really enjoyed mowing. He wants to be Bobby Boucher (water boy) when he grows up. ;-)
Alex in Wharton

I don't know why, but I have never taken any pictures of the gas well. At least none that I can locate. Here are a few of them.
Gas Well

Finally I was snapping pictures throughout the trip and they are below.
Misc Wharton Pics

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have pictures of the well. I remember being flabbergasted to see your kids up on that tank.